Honey & Raisin Flapjack Recipe
It was Sunday afternoon and I was investigating the cupboards for something sweet to eat. Rather than get out of my pjs and journey to the shops I figured I could probably find some ingredients to make something myself. I had some very important plans (roast dinner) with my mum in an hour so I quickly assembled everything from the cupboards and discovered all the ingredients for my Honey & Raisin Flapjacks.
These are quick, easy and delicious with the ingredients for this stirred together within 5 minutes, then all it takes is 18 minutes in the oven for a crispy exterior and gooey centre.
- 250g oats
- 175g unsalted butter
- 160g demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 120g raisins
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the butter into cubes and with the sugar and honey, melt in a heavy-based pan.
- Stir in the oats until evenly coated before adding in the salt and raisins.
- Mix again, then squish into a baking tray and cook for 18 minutes for a chewy centre.
- Wait about 5-10 minutes before scoring your lines and when nearly cold cut into generous slabs.
- Serve with some fruit if you want to pretend they’re healthy.