Honeycomb can make the perfect last minute gift, as it’s super easy to make and only uses 3 ingredients you’ll already have in your store cupboard (probably!) You can make it as a great addition to a hamper, as an individual gift or just for munching on whilst snuggled in front of your favourite movie.
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a deep, heavy based saucepan mix together the sugar and golden syrup until it becomes a paste.
- Slowly melt over a low/medium heat until the sugar thermometer is reading 140°C
- Take it off the heat and quickly beat in the bicarbonate of soda with a wooden spoon. The mixture should froth up rapidly at this point so be sure to be careful.
- Pour the honeycomb onto the lined baking tray.
- Leave to set at room temperature.
- Once the honeycomb has set you can remove the paper and smash into chunks.
Hope you enjoy making this super easy recipe. You really can’t beat the flavour of honeycomb. It’s vibrant golden colour really makes it pop when placed in a jar or tin for gifting. Another top tip is if you crumble the honeycomb up it can be used as an ice cream topping!